Friday, December 23, 2011

SICK SICK SICK

And not in a good way. 

I've been coughing (to a degree of severity that I'd prefer not to discuss right now, but if you're female, over the age of 25 and/or have given birth to a child at some point, you probably know exactly what I'm talking about) all day, every day, for at least week.  It's a terrible, awful problem and I wish it would go away.  I wish I didn't have to do things and be sick.  I wish that I could hide or disappear for a couple days.  I wish I KNEW HOW TO MAKE IT GO AWAY.

But I don't.  So I'll rest and think about what it feels like to not be sick.  But not too much, because late at night, when the coughing won't stop, daydreaming about feeling better only makes you feel worse.  I know from experience.

Instead of doing anything else, I'm going to sit at the computer and make a Company is Coming on Christmas Eve and I'd Better Start Baking, plan.  I'll draw a graph and everything.  Well, maybe I won't draw a graph. 

My wonderful husband ran to the store on my behalf last night, and procured the supplies I need to make two pies.  I've got 4 apples and 4 pears on hand and my plan is to create a pie of my own design.  I'm thinking Caramel Apple Pear Pie.  Good idea? Yes, yes I think so. 

I've googled and have referenced existing recipes.  I could make my own caramel, but I have a bag of caramel candies on hand, so I think I'll use those.  I'll document my journey.  I'm not making any official promises, but I think this might be kind of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment